Limited Colored Double Vinyl Exclusive Cover and Poster by HR GIGER (499 Copies)
OperettAmorale is Black Sun Production’s personal tribute to the poetry of German poet, playwright and thinker Bertolt Brecht (1898 – 1956).
The album is composed of 11 classic Brecht’s songs, here revisited according to Massimo & Pierce’s irreverent attitude. Massimo & Pierce invited some of their friends to contribute to operettAmorale :
- COIL recorded the song A List of Wishes (one of the latest studio performances by Johnn Balance) purposely for this album.
- LYDIA LUNCH delivered her incomparable voice for The Ballad of Sexual Dependency
- HR GIGER contributed with the cover artwork and a vocal cameo appearance on Seeräuber-Jenny.
operettAmorale was produced by Massimo & Pierce in collaboration with Larsen’s member Fabrizio Modonese Palumbo, whom also provided some original music and the acoustic arrangements.
Among the musicians whom partecipated to operettAmorale’s recording sessions are Julia Kent (Antony and the Johnsons) and Marco Schiavo (Larsen).
- Brothel Tango
- The Ballad of Sexual Dependency
- Pimp Ballad
- Ratschläge (einer älteren Fohse an eine Jüngere)
- Johnny Over the Sea
- La Canzone Dei Pendagli da Forca
- A List of Wishes
- Ballade von der Höllenlili
- Über die Verführung von Engeln
- What Keeps Mankind Alive?